Position Description: Operations Supervisor
The Operations Supervisor leads the terminal operations consisting of shift employees and maintenance craft people. The position is highly demanding and requires excellent leadership skills, understanding of the terminal operations, blending operations and key business drivers. Rapid yet good business and employee decision making is common to further both public and employee trust and protect the assets. Knowledge of blending, petroleum truck rack and marine operations is vital to the Operations Supervisors’ success.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Maintain, foster, and support a safe work environment, safe work practices, and environmental stewardship.
Manage production operations in the field. Activities include:
- Marine vessel and barge loading and unloading.
- Marine vapor recovery operations.
- Automated Petroleum truck rack operation.
- Petroleum fuel and storage tank operations.
- Product blending operations.
- Maintaining and assuring product quality and product stewardship
- Pigging of dock lines (both liquid and nitrogen pigging)
- Pipeline operations delivering to third party pipeline companies
- Heated product (VGO & fuel oil) operation to include heating storage tanks, strip dock lines and back filling dock lines.
- Drive innovative solutions to operating issues, ensure accurate measurement and optimize operations.
- Set priorities, assign projects, monitor progress and set standards for a high performing team.
- Prepare, maintain, and execute terminal operating and capital budgets, establish and monitor key performance indicators.
- Manage labor costs and Overtime costs
- Provide relief coverage to Controllers if necessary
- Provide leadership in employee matters, set the highest ethical standards, use performance management systems.
- Set and ensure the highest ethical standards are followed
- Assure the development and training of direct reports and all field personnel.
- Adhere to emergency response plans and respond to emergency situations.
- Ensure compliance with all state, local and federal operating permits and regulations
- Perform budget variance analysis.
- 10 plus years in the oil and gas industry, 3 years in progressive supervision/management role
- 20 plus years in the oil and gas industry preferred
- 4 year degree or equivalent industry experience
- Maintain a valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record
- Must possess a valid Transportation Workers’ Identification Credential (TWIC)
- Basic Fire Safety
- Legally authorized to work in the job posting country
Competencies, skills, and abilities:
- High competency in managing third party terminal operations.
- High competency in managing safety and regulating compliance.
- Effective communicator with management team, operations and support groups, well developed interpersonal skills.
- Intermediate in Microsoft applications and well versed in generating work processes
- Effective with performance management.
- Predominantly office environment but must be able to climb stairs on tanks, and work in local climate conditions.
- Work in enclosed spaces such as tanks.
- Ability to lift, climb, walk, kneel, and squat on a regular basis
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This position may perform other duties as assigned.
We are Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.